After researching some of the ingredients that go into commercial air fresheners, I decided to create my own. This neutralizing air freshener works great in our apartment. It has a light, citrus scent and the vinegar helps get rid of cooking and pet odors really well. If you just want a nice, uplifting scent, substitute the vinegar with grain alcohol.
Neutralizing Air Freshener
- 22 oz purified or distilled water
- 2 oz white distilled vinegar
- 22 drops lemon essential oil
- 16 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 12 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 12 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops tea tree essential oil
Directions: Combine all ingredients in 24 oz spray bottle. Shake well before each use.
Let me know what you think!