Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY: Light Moisturizing Face Oil

Try putting on any kind of moisturizer in this humid weather (can anyone say Debby and Isaac?), and my face immediately starts sweating. Gross!

I needed something light and nourishing that would allow my skin to breathe. Here's my quickie recipe:

Light Moisturizing Face Oil

 

2 parts Grapeseed Oil
1 part Apricot Kernel Oil
1 part Macadamia Oil
1 part Sweet Almond Oil

Vitamin E Oil (5 drops per oz of blended oils)

Blend all of the oils together. Pour only a couple drops of the oil blend onto your palm and warm the oil between your hands. Then lightly press oil onto neck and skin. I like my skin to be damp, but it's more a personal preference.

I only blend small batches, so I made about an ounce of oil blend and mixed in 5 drops of vitamin e oil. Vitamin e helps prevent the oils from going rancid and has tons of healing properties for the skin.

My boyfriend and I are really enjoying this oil blend. As winter approaches, I'll start adding in heavier, more nourishing oils. 







1 comment: